We encourage, support and allow our senior students to take increasing responsibility for their learning program in the Senior High School. The breadth of Senior School studies allows students to follow their interests and passions and prepare for their future careers. Students’ support in academic and careers advice from trained professionals underpins student choice.
The needs of the individual students are met through the provision of a wide range of pathways throughout the school’s academic program and through a comprehensive system of Islamic values and guidance. Students can access a range of studies in their streaming program. Streaming program enable students to choose variety of subjects offered in our IGCSE and AS & A Level program.
School provides Streaming Program which are Science and Business starting in Grade 10. Once the student enrolls to our school, an assessment will be taken to give the student recommendation whether they are more suitable to be Science or Business.
Cambridge IGCSE is the world’s most popular international qualification for 14 to 16 year olds. It is recognised by leading universities and employers worldwide, and is an international passport to progression and success. Our IGCSE Program consist range of subjects from Mathematics, English, Combined Science, History, Business Studies, Mandarin and many more.
Cambridge IGCSE develops learner knowledge, understanding and skills in:
- Subject content
- Applying knowledge and understanding to new as well as unfamiliar situations
- Intellectual inquiry
- Flexibility and responsiveness to change
- Working and communicating in English
- Influencing outcomes
- Cultural awareness.
AS & A Level syllabuses prepare learners for university study, which is why universities worldwide value and recognise Cambridge International AS & A Level qualifications.
Cambridge International AS & A Level develops learners’ knowledge, understanding and skills in:
- In-depth subject content
- Independent thinking
- Applying knowledge and understanding to new as well as familiar situations
- Handling and evaluating different types of information source
- Thinking logically and presenting ordered and coherent arguments
- Making judgments, recommendations, and decisions
- Presenting reasoned explanations, understanding implications and communicating them logically and clearly
- Working and communicating in English.
Mutiara Harapan Senior High School has numbers of Intra-Curricular program such as:
- Research Project
- MHX (Mutiara Harapan External Competition)
- MHSU (Mutiara Harapan Student Union)
- Community Involvement Program
- University Fair
- Career Fair
- Leadership Camp
- Secondary School Play
- Umrah Program for Student
- Student Voice
- Cultural Involvement Program
- Debate Program
- Public Speaking Program
- Students Exchange Program
- Internship Program
Also, supported by a strong extra-curricular program such as:
- Ratoeh Djaroeh
These programs assist students to develop important life and study skills and talent.