PLAYGROUP AND KINDERGARTEN
MHIS provides a supportive and nurturing environment in which children are active learners, growing in self-confidence and respecting people and the environment around them. In this welcoming atmosphere, important lifelong attitudes to school and learning are established.
In a structured setting, playgroup teachers creatively teach readiness skills in some aspects of development, which are moral and religious, language, cognitive, physical-motor, and artistic. Learning applications focus on integrated themes and sub-themes, which are delivered with a play method approach.
In Kindergarten, students build on the readiness program began in group play and move toward the full curriculum; aspects of moral and religious development, language development, cognitive development, physical – motor development, and artistic development. Learning applications focus on integrated themes and sub-themes, which are delivered with the joy of learning, learning by doing and multiliteracy approaches.
Learning aspects of this development are also developed through activities in 6 areas for Playgroup, namely reading and writing area, construction area; art area, role play area, gardening area, nature area; sand, water, plants, pebbles. For Kindergarten it’s 7 areas, including IT area.
At our school, we design activities which can stimulate student’s physical and mental readiness, according to their development phase. We believe in;
- Learning through play. Children are given ample opportunities to socialize with other children and take an active part in meaningful and enjoyable learning experience
- Child-oriented rather content-oriented programmes geared towards the child’s development needs, interest and enjoyment. This will result in the children feeling more relaxed and able to enjoy learning experiences at own pace.
- Providing opportunities for children to develop basic learning and social skills, good habits and to acquire basic concepts and ethnic and linguistic development.
- Helping them develop the ability to manage their learning, emphasizing both the ‘process’ as well as the ‘product’ at this stage of their development.
Our Curriculum encompass the following:
- Islam and Character building
- Cognitive (including critical thinking learning, educational tools, educational tours)
- Creative (drama, music appreciation, art & craft)
- Physical development (outdoor activities, recreation)
- Emotional development (self awareness)
- Social development (integrated learnings)
Some of the activities are as follows:
- Circle Time (reciting Du’a, shurah and hadist)
- Qur’an time
- Flag Ceremony (Monday Spirit)
- Music & Movement
- Story Telling
- Pray Dhuha
Activities designed to support our curriculum, therefore students will gain the exposure in every activity conducted. Some of the activities are as follows:
- Fun Cooking
- Field study
- Swimming Program
- Special Day (Parents and students’ Project exhibitions and performances)
- Islamic Event
- Reading Day
- Charity Day
- Celebrating National and International Day
- Student Assembly
- Activity with Parent
- Graduation Day
Activities designed to support our curriculum, therefore students will gain the exposure in every activity conducted. Some of the activities being offered are as follows:
- Tae Kwondo
- Traditional Dance