PLAYGROUP AND KINDERGARTEN
MHIS provides a supportive and nurturing environment in which children are active learners, growing in self-confidence and respecting people and the environment around them. In this welcoming atmosphere, important lifelong attitudes to school and learning are established.
In a structured setting, playgroup teachers creatively teach readiness skills in some aspects of development, which are moral and religious, language, cognitive, physical-motor, and artistic. Learning applications focus on integrated themes and sub-themes, which are delivered with a play method approach.
In Kindergarten, students build on the readiness program began in group play and move toward the full curriculum; aspects of moral and religious development, language development, cognitive development, physical – motor development, and artistic development. Learning applications focus on integrated themes and sub-themes, which are delivered with the joy of learning, learning by doing and multiliteracy approaches.
The teachers creatively teach readiness skills in some aspects of development, which are moral and religious, language, cognitive, physical-motor, and artistic. Learning applications focus on integrated themes and sub-themes, which are delivered with the Beyond Centre and Circle Time (BCCT) method approach.
Learning aspects of this development are also developed through activities in 7 centres;
- IMTAQ Centre
- Readiness Centre
- Block Centre
- Macro Dramatic Play Centre
- Messy Play Centre
- Art Centre
- Music and Movement Centre
At our school, we design activities which can stimulate student’s physical and mental readiness, according to their development phase. We believe in;
- Learning through play. Children are given ample opportunities to socialize with other children and take an active part in meaningful and enjoyable learning experience
- Child-oriented rather content-oriented programmes geared towards the child’s development needs, interest and enjoyment. This will result in the children feeling more relaxed and able to enjoy learning experiences at own pace.
- Providing opportunities for children to develop basic learning and social skills, good habits and to acquire basic concepts and ethnic and linguistic development.
- Helping them develop the ability to manage their learning, emphasizing both the ‘process’ as well as the ‘product’ at this stage of their development.
Our Curriculum encompass the following:
- Islam and Character building
- Cognitive (including critical thinking learning, educational tools, educational tours)
- Creative (drama, music appreciation, art & craft)
- Physical development (outdoor activities, recreation)
- Emotional development (self awareness)
- Social development (integrated learnings)
Some of the activities are as follows:
- Circle Time (reciting Du’a, shurah and hadist)
- Qur’an time
- Flag Ceremony (Monday Spirit)
- Music & Movement
- Story Telling
- Pray Dhuha
Activities designed to support our curriculum, therefore students will gain the exposure in every activity conducted. Some of the activities are as follows:
- Fun Cooking
- Field study
- Swimming Program
- Special Day (Parents and students’ Project exhibitions and performances)
- Islamic Event
- Reading Day
- Charity Day
- Celebrating National and International Day
- Student Assembly
- Activity with Parent
- Graduation Day
Activities designed to support our curriculum, therefore students will gain the exposure in every activity conducted. Some of the activities being offered are as follows:
- Tae Kwondo
- Traditional Dance